My name is Barb English and I am a second year teacher with the Calgary Board of Education. I have embarked on a journey of self-discovery and am excited about sharing my learning with people I meet along the way.
- Excited to be part of the Design Shift cohort for next year #cbeshift 1 year ago
- @HeatherMMcKay what is sibbaldu? I see tweets from your school with this hashtag. 1 year ago
- @HeatherMMcKay @JaimeHatchette Thanks for the great session this morning. I am excited about trying these apps in my class. 1 year ago
- 30 Ideas To Promote Creativity In Learning | @scoopit via @BethDichter sco.lt/5yN91d 1 year ago
- Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy and Lazy | Psychology Today psychologytoday.com/blog/mental-we… 2 years ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
“I’m not suggesting that every autistic child is a prodigy, or every typical child for that matter. But if you fuel a child’s innate spark, it will always point the way to far greater heights than you could ever have imagined” … Continue reading
Edublog Awards Amy – http://www.amymshs8.vic.edu I would like to nominate Amy under the student blog category. Her blog is very creative and included a variety of different posts. I especially enjoyed her piece about Albania. I learned a lot about … Continue reading
My 15 year old daughter told me that when I have my own classroom I should have a poster like this one on the wall. I agree!
I am currently reading Mindset – The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck. The author believes that we each have a particular mindset, fixed or growth that creates our whole mental world. Fixed Mindset Ability is static Reach early … Continue reading
Play #10 – How do you decide who to follow on Twitter? Confession: I had my Twitter account for well over 10 months before I had the courage to send my first tweet. Why the hesitation? I really struggled with … Continue reading