At WestCAST this past week, I attending two sessions where I was introduced to the idea of backward design. I had never heard of this method for planning lessons so I headed to the used book store in Mac Hall and found the book Understanding by Design by Grant Wiggins and Jay McTighe. After reading the first two chapters I thought I would try making a wordle to capture some of the big ideas I have been reading about so far.
My name is Barb English and I am a second year teacher with the Calgary Board of Education. I have embarked on a journey of self-discovery and am excited about sharing my learning with people I meet along the way.
- Excited to be part of the Design Shift cohort for next year #cbeshift 1 year ago
- @HeatherMMcKay what is sibbaldu? I see tweets from your school with this hashtag. 1 year ago
- @HeatherMMcKay @JaimeHatchette Thanks for the great session this morning. I am excited about trying these apps in my class. 1 year ago
- 30 Ideas To Promote Creativity In Learning | @scoopit via @BethDichter sco.lt/5yN91d 2 years ago
- Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy and Lazy | Psychology Today psychologytoday.com/blog/mental-we… 2 years ago