I braved the cold and snow today to support Julie Macdonald run her leg of the Rick Hansen Relay. Julie is a remarkable young woman who wanted to do something to raise awareness about spinal cord injuries after a close friend of hers was injured in a skiing accident a year ago. Last June she organized an event, Wheel the Distance, and it was a resounding success. In recognition of her hard work she was selected to run a leg of the relay. Congratulations Julie, you have shown us all how one small act of kindness can make an powerful impact in the lives of many people.
My name is Barb English and I am a second year teacher with the Calgary Board of Education. I have embarked on a journey of self-discovery and am excited about sharing my learning with people I meet along the way.
- Excited to be part of the Design Shift cohort for next year #cbeshift 2 years ago
- @HeatherMMcKay what is sibbaldu? I see tweets from your school with this hashtag. 2 years ago
- @HeatherMMcKay @JaimeHatchette Thanks for the great session this morning. I am excited about trying these apps in my class. 2 years ago
- 30 Ideas To Promote Creativity In Learning | @scoopit via @BethDichter sco.lt/5yN91d 2 years ago
- Screentime Is Making Kids Moody, Crazy and Lazy | Psychology Today psychologytoday.com/blog/mental-we… 2 years ago